Advisor's RoleWhy should you talk to your clients about charitable giving?
As a professional advisor, you are in a unique position not only to serve the charitable needs of your clients, but also to dramatically improve the quality of life in the greater Sabetha area. Some advisors are reluctant to begin a charitable giving conversation with their client. Advisors may be concerned about appearing to make a value judgment, especially if the client has not expressed charitable intentions. You can help your clients realize their charitable objectives by listening for charitable giving opportunities, explaining options, and suggesting solutions. Significant giving opportunities often arise when clients are making major business, personal, and financial decisions. Our staff can work with you and your clients to recommend the best charitable solution.
Ask your clients these questions about charitable giving:
- What are your personal motivations for charitable giving?
- What are your charitable interests in the community?
- What are your priorities? (Focusing on fewer areas may make the greatest impact.)
- What level of involvement do you want to have in identifying charitable uses for your gift?
- What type of giving vehicle best fits your financial situation and tax status?