Fiscal Sponsorship Fund
Fiscal Sponsorship GuidelinesOverview
The Greater Sabetha Community Foundation (GSCF) offers fiscal sponsorship services to groups or organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax-exempt status. As a fiscal sponsor, the GSCF acts as an umbrella organization for a group or organization and accepts and administers funds on its behalf. The GSCF is legally responsible for the funds received and insures that the funds are used for charitable purposes, and that donor reporting requirements are met in a timely fashion.
Eligibility and Considerations
In order to be eligible to apply for Fiscal Sponsorship, the following criteria must be met:
- Reflect a similar commitment to the goals set forth in the GSCF mission.
- The work supported must be for purposes which are legal, further a legitimate tax-exempt purpose, and in no way jeopardize the tax status of Public Interest Projects.
- Meet the requirements outlined in the application.
- The project budget must be developed with funding sources identified.
Projects are accepted after being reviewed using the following criteria:
- Relevance and Significance of Project to GSCF
Are subject matter and project consistent with the goals of GSCF's mission?
- Likelihood of Project Completion
Does the proposed project have a very high likelihood of being successfully completed?
Is the budget well developed and realistic for the project? Does the proposal budget match the needs of the project?
- Fundraising Ability
Are funds already secured or likely to be secured? Has the project director identified appropriate sources of funding for the project? Are the potential funders appropriate for the project?
- Demonstrated Ability of Key Project Personnel
Do the applicant and the proposed personnel have the ability to successfully complete the proposed project?